Here's Last Weeks Recap! I had a total of four cardio workouts. They went as follows
Tuesday: Trail run, hiked up the trail, but then I ran the 1.8 miles down.
Friday: Ran 3 miles
Saturday: Ran 7 miles
Sunday: Ran 2 miles
I thought that I'd do better, but oh well. Schools been really in my face lately so this is just how the cookie crumbled. I will say though that even though I only covered a distance of 3.6 miles on Tuesday it was probably the workout that burned the most calories and used muscles I usually ignore. It takes me about an hour to do this workout, but its always awesome and I always feel it.
Then I had my little 3 miler ( at the track of course), was gonna push it, but I had work later that night, and I didn't want to risk pulling anything before my long long run the next day. I was planning on a fourteen miler again, but on Saturday I ran out of time and steam. Sunday I ran two, just because I needed a sweat session. So I ended with a grand total of 13.8 miles. Yikes. It is so hard to get the miles in.
I don't know why its so hard to get on board with this thirty miles a week. I thought by now it would be a habit and normal, but it hasn't been easy. I updated my ipod this week though. I thought new songs would force me to get my butt out there at least five times a week, but we'll see. My new list includes:
Goodnnight, Travel Well The Killers
Funny Little Feeling Rock N Roll Soilders
At Last Etta James
Mama, I'm Comin' Home Ozzy Osbourne
Danny's Song Kenny Loggins
Sober Kelly Clarkson
Bille Jean Michael Jackson
Beat It Michael Jackson
Black or White Michael Jackson
Laura Scissor Sisters
I just died in your arms tonight Smokie
Let's get it on Marvin Gaye
Poison Alice Cooper
School's Out Alice Cooper
That'll be the Day Buddy Holiday and the Chirping Crickets
All Shook up Elvis Presley
Jailhouse Rock Elvis Presley
Break so Easy Jonathan Rice
Bitch Meredith Brooks
Here for you Ozzy Osbourne
Crazy Train Ozzy Osbourne
Goodbye to Romance Ozzy Osbourne
You can't kill Rock N Roll Ozzy Osbourne
Unchained Melody Righteous Brothers
Love Aint No Stranger Whitesnake
Won't get fooled again The Who
Holding Out for a Hero Bonnie Taylor
Footloose Kenny Loggins
Some of them are songs that I don't really see myself ever running to, but I just wanted and didn't want to make a separate playlist for. But I also tend to warm up to slow songs and others are just awesome running songs ( I.E. Poision, Bille Jean for speedy miles and then some Ozzy for fast or slow miles. Its funny I always thought Goodbye to Romance was Goodbye to Roman. Then I saw it written and realized what it was and the song made much more sense!)
Music is an incredible motivator for me. I hope I can get at least four runs in this week. Including a long run, but I have finals this week so I will probably only go for 8 or 9 and call it good. I'm going try to spend more time on school this week but am planning on running because a week without running is like skipping two meals a day. I would not be able to concentrate. Continuing to run, helps me continue. I probably won't do any speed work though. As funny as it sounds speed workouts take a lot of mental effort.
I am also constantly pulling hammies, usually my right, and I think it's because I am favoring my left leg and I am not sure how to counter act that. I feel like I stretch enough, but then your not really supposed to stretch on cold muscles so I always feel like its a catch 22. We'll see what happens this week. Maybe I'll start walking a lap first?
Here's to one last week of school!
Meagan
No comments:
Post a Comment