Friday, May 21, 2010

Last week: 9.8 miles

Well I didn't make it last week. I did that trail run, then my five miler and then those three miles of 1200 repeats and after that run I was out of commission with a pulled or sore left hammy until Wednesday. I did actually go to the track on Sunday because I was so sick of not running, but I decided that I wouldn't risk further injury and just walked for about 45 minutes instead of doing a glorious long run.

This week I have done two workouts so far. 2 miles on Wednesday and then 2 X 2400 meter repeats today. I just ran out of time or I would've done more. ( Also the track people showed up and they practice the shot put right on one of the lanes and I didn't want to get bludgeoned so I called it a day.) I'm thinking I'll do a five or six miler tomorrow or maybe more repeats since I didn't work it that hard today and then a long run for Sunday. I don't want to write it, because I don't want to jinx it, but I am just going to go for as many miles as I can. We'll see what happens. I'm trying to stay positive with this running thing. I do love it and I am trying not get bogged down in the constant "I missed my 30 mile goal". I will keep trying and hopefully at the end of the year with all of my full marathon training the miles will all even out.
Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment